Thursday, March 3

My Life Is Too Comfortable.

Have you ever heard a tear-jerking story, seeing that tragedy is what has brought someone so close to their Savior? It was not the tragedy, but rather, their realization that their identity is in Christ.

I am very blessed to have an ordinary past, not much tragedy or heartbreak for this girl.

Francis Chan states in his book Forgotten God, “We draw close to God in times of necessity. –Jesus refers to the Holy Spirit as the “Helper” or “Comforter.” –Why would we need to experience the Comforter if our lives are already comfortable? –If we are never alone or feeling like we need Him, how much do we care or need to know that God is with us?”

Recently I have taken false security in being clean, busy, organized, busy, demanded, and busy. After realizing that my security and identity was set on these worldly things, (not in accordance with Colossians 3:2 & 3 “set your mind on the things above….when Christ, who is your life”) I needed to repent.

Another thing God has boldly shown is that He answers prayer! He answers my prayer! And I could read His word all day, but if I don’t ask for Him to reveal himself, if I don’t pray and talk to Him, I will not see His face or hear His voice. So I must express what I expect.

I prayed for a breaking point, to be taken out of my comfort zone, where we know only God can change our life, only Christ can hold us together, and only the Spirit can comfort us.

Well, this week I have been cooped up in my room with the flu/fever/head cold. Now I know this was not a deadly sickness, or a tragedy, but very much so out of my comfort zone. I don’t have much tolerance for being ill. And on top of that, I had to miss class, which is way out of my comfort zone. And on top of that, not be able to see people, getting pretty far out there. At the very top, I had to ask for help. I had to ask for office hours to be covered and a friend to take care of me by getting food from the cafeteria. And I didn’t get to be anyone’s helper.

All of the things that I put my security in are not bad things in a sense that I shouldn’t do any of them. I should be clean, organized, and busy; however, my security should not be IN those things. It should be in Christ, who is my life. Colossians 3:3

I was comfortable with conducting everyday for the past couple weeks only doing what I ought to do and nothing more, like the unworthy servants in Luke 17. I don’t want to do that anymore. I am a passionate person and I want to feel that every day. During my sickness I surrendered, and I just want to be well again so I can sing and dance and do some fist pumping for my Jesus!

My life is too comfortable, is yours?
Be in prayer about it. God answers prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment