Saturday, July 21

a right response.

He created and we respond.
He calls and we respond.
He beckons and we respond.
He fills and we respond.
He protects and we respond.
He teaches and we respond.
Our father loves and we respond.
He holds us up in His victorious, right hand and we respond.
He gives life and we respond.
He gives us great joy and we respond.
He provides all we need and we respond.
He sees us with the clothes of Christ and we respond.
He forgives and we respond.
He stirs and we respond.
He stills and steadies and we respond.
He directs and we respond.
He causes growth and we respond.
He is gracious and we respond.


...The list goes on and on. Lately, its been so fresh in my heart that everything I do/have/live/feel/know is from of the Lord. Not only from him but caused solely by him. It is because of the cross. It is because of him, God in three: Father, Son, Spirit.
I have the opportunity to respond to God. TO GOD. what?
Every moment. I want to respond well every moment, and not only well but right. How do we righteously respond?
Another thing that baffles me is that God doesn't leave us forgiven, cared for, and loved. He gives us the opportunity to respond to him and to even be a part of what he is doing. We keep on going, we live it out, we respond to him. The chapter after forgiveness is responding to God with our lives. He keeps beckoning us to that. He loves our response and our desire to have relationship with him. I love God. I love that he is the Source of everything and that everything I possibly have/do/live/feel/know is from him. It's all from God. FROM GOD. what?
I have the privilege of responding. I want to have a right response. I want to respond well. I want to respond to him as Lord of my life.


"Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God's glory." ~Romans 5:2


"...apart from Me you can do nothing." ~John 15:5


"In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father." ~Matthew 5:16


"I am their Shepherd, they are my sheep. They know my voice and they do not respond to another." ~John 10:27


Psalm 103

No comments:

Post a Comment